Application forms are available free of cost in Depot/Area/Head Office/on website Filled in forms should be submitted at the Registration counter at Head Office on all working days between 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
The documents to be enclosed are:
1. True copy of plans sanctioned by CMDA/Corporation of Chennai/Local Authority & copies of letters seeking assessment of property tax and water and sewerage tax. (OR)
Proof of assessment of property tax with floor wise assessment details.
2. a)Drawings showing internal plumbing works and connection to public water/sewer main with length, nature of Road portion such as mud/platform/Tar Bitumen/WBM etc., signed by owner/applicant.
The applicants seeking ater and sewer connection for Residential Independent House upto 500 sq.ft., need not enclose the drawing showing Internal plumbing works etc. but built up area statement to be furnished with applicant's signature (specimen copy enclosed)
3. Registration No. of sewer application with the copy of the paid challan, if already availed.
4. Proof of having paid taxes/charges up to date (Photocopy to be enclosed).
5. True copy of Completion certificates issued by the CMDA/Corporation of Chennai where ever applicable.
6. Proof of having paid Infrastructure Development charges to CMWSSB wherever applicable(Photocopy to be enclosed).
7. a) An Indemnity Bond in the specimen copy/ attached to be enclosed on a Non-judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.20/- incorporating the conditions and the same to be attested by the Notary Public.
b) In the case of applicants having residential Independent house upto 500sq.ft. area an undertaking letter incorporating the conditions should be enclosed (speciman copy enclosed) instead of Indemnity Bond on a Non-Judicial stamp paper of Rs20/-.
You may apply to the Executive Engineer (AOBM),
No.1, Pumping Station Road,
Chennai - 600 001.
Phone No. 28451300/335, 28451300/369 and 28451300 (Direct)
Payment should be made at the Canara Bank, METROWATER Extn. Counter situated in the Ground Floor of Head Office only. After remitting the amount, the applicant should submit the application with the paid challan at the Registration Counter, Head Office and obtain acknowledgement immediately.
It is your right to get acknowledgement.
Sanction Order will be issued within 7 days from the date of registration of application.
Connection will be given within 30 days from the date of registration.
Intimation letters for Sanction of New Water/Sewerage Connection are sent to the applicants
By the concerned Area Engineer.